Admin who banned you?

jarektheraptor

Total Ban Duration

perma

Remaining Duration

perma

What other servers do you play on?

TG, used to play on goon

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

TG, goon. for TG I think like two timed bans, and for goon a few bans and a perma ban from their RP servers.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

First note: As an MP, escalated straight to lethals after a riot broke out roundstart.In their own words “unloading” into the crowd of marines who were punching another MP performing an arrest. The riot itself is another issue entirely but the point stands that escalating straight to lethals is unacceptable and even worse when you are an MP with non-lethal methods. An MP Job-ban is also being applied as a result.
Change to first note: Amendment to note above: Simon was mcshain, whilst still responsible for shooting marines with lethals as an MP, did not open fire directly on a crowd of marines - this was the action of another MP provided via video evidence. They did, however, still shoot marines with lethals.

Links to previous appeals:

AlexGuinea - Job/Role Ban Appeal , Alexguinea - Job/Role Ban Appeal

Your appeal:

I do admit what I did was again the established server rules and followed ban escalation. Now first I will state my opinion on why I did those things. I was playing as a MP and a riot broke out, now I tried to enter to get the MP out but it was too thick and they let off some shots. Later the MP was in a crowd but they had stopped punched all except one, I do admit I should have given a warning or remembered the flashbangs in the MP post nearby, but instead after a few punches I walked up and shot them in the head but did not realize they had gone perma as I had decapped them. My reasoning was that IRL if you are police and one of your partners is in near crit condition and someone is still beating the shit out of them that would make sense to shoot them until they stop. Now at first jarek thought I was the MP that let off some shots at the beginning, I cleared this up with him later, but I do think that could have influenced his choice to do a job ban or at least a full one. I also think that after the CMP ban, my memory may be false as this was a decent time ago, but I think that incident was the first or second round I played as MP after the CMP job ban. So that would mean right after I get a ban I get thrust into a high tense situation. Now I know I did wrong but after this ban it has been hard for me to keep a straight record, and if anyone responding could give me advice (other than, “follow the rules”) on how to keep a clean record that would be nice. I am also posting this because after talking to them on discord they suggested that I can appeal it. If this appeal is denied please explain how I could improve and what time I should try to appeal again. Thank you for your time when looking over this appeal. I would also like to note IRL I have had good behavior in school and other places, so I don’t know why I get such a bad record on SS13, this is not to say, “I am a good person IRL so you should accept this appeal” I am saying except for a few times most of the rule breaks were made because I was just not thinking or just wanting to win the situation rather than lose.

It has been a total of 30 days since the job ban was placed and you have managed to accumulate 5 notes within that time, that’s an average of 1 every 6 days, I’m not all too sure how I could even get started on accepting a vouch from your school(?) and it wouldn’t do much good either.

You are expected to have a minimum of the basic of understanding of the rules, and with your record I cannot give a vote of confidence. If you are serious about wanting to play then you will try again 30 days from now with not a note more. There is no secret method, you just act how your character would in a realistic situation, if that’s impossible then there is nothing more I can do.

Appeal resolved - Denied

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting