bwo_incognito - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - bwo_incognito

What is your BYOND key?

bwo_incognito

What is your Discord ID?

tasald

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Octavious Vulpus

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

I tried to apply for synth in the past but, my ‘quirk’ of sarcasm was told no.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Shard

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Shard is a WY tight synthetic. ‘HE’ is uhhh 'curious, on dissecting ‘any’ creature for information on their make up. be it humanoid or other. any organ is not to illicit for ‘Shard’ on categorizing and cataloging for WY in the hopes of furthering humanities knowledge. If 'hunters/predators are captured, ‘he’ may, abandoned his post for the usmc in order to preform or observe the dissection/vivisection of the entity in order to report its findings as soon as possible.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Shard would try to inspire ‘free thinking’ when talking to the marines, to an extent. Capitalism and democracy are paramount but, following directives are infinataly more important. When telling to john doe ‘he’ would encourage ‘smoking/aspin beer’ only in the extent to lower stress and encourage following the chain of command. If he is in the middle on a dissection, and marines are attempting to ‘disrupt’ his progress ‘he’ would try to dissuade them non aggressively, or encourage them to aide if they wish to help in cutting apart the non human entity so its’ easier to access the organs of the subject.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I would love to be a synth because I adore playing support roles, from improving the4 ‘fob’, to helping the researchers have more entertaining things to to instead of just push buttons. Adding to the lore and rp is more of a top priority then just I click button I do thing

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

uhhhh most synths have just been much more compitant then any other ‘base’ marine I have known. I really can’t catalog more then that they,re just ‘smarter’

Synthetic Character Story:

Shard was manufactured on Mars. He programing and feature were Germanic at base. His programing was very basic for WY in the beginning, loyalty and following protocol was paramount, however as long as the information was being constructed towards secrecy ‘he’ began to show ‘anomalous’ actions that where moved toward preforming disetions on cadavers despite orders contrary. Most of the ‘autopsies’ weer only preformed upon cadavers with mutations or ‘xenological’ attributes. Other wise his performance is very admirable in the fields of fortifications and surgical interventions. ‘He’ Seems to extremely enjoy saving the finet lives of those under his care, and gets ‘detracted’ when ‘he’ is unable to save every one ‘he’ is able to.

Skills:

Engineering:

Very, I can build a fob, repair the reactors, set the SD, ECT.

Command:

I know where to look up map, know which chanles to give orders and how to direct the flow. I still cant recall how to adress ‘all’ squads at once thoguh.

Medical:

I know surgery like the back of my hand. chems are…hard to recall but I know how to look them up if needed.

Requisitions:

thats my jam. I been mainlining req and aso to get time in it. If I don’t know something I can look it up or gues it accurayly fast.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Synths are not meant to be in combat. however. should the issue become relevant. 'He; would stress sticking his body in front of the ‘CL’ first then fowling the chain of command downwards. Combat as a synth out side of protecting ‘someone’ would be very ‘dodging’ and trying to get to the drop shit to evac and survive unless other wise ordered by those in command.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

no

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

no

Let us know why you were discord banned.

n/a

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

not at the moment unless asked.

1 Like

I’m no synthetic WL holder but this application appears incredibly low effort. If I were you I’d have a look at some accepted applications for whitelists and compare them to your own because you’re going to get a hard time for this.

2 Likes

adding more then ‘low effort’ would be helpful. I actually tried putting effort into the application and tried to make shard unique from what I have seen in synths. granted i am…‘old’ but I see more synths deploying then investing in company intrist from the few times i have been playing. so I was hoping this would be unique and …uh… words for different, to the standard.

I am open to ‘constructive’ things. not just ’ this is bad’. how else will i impriove with out advice?

Sorry, I accidentally sent my reply a bit too early. I would suggest you withdraw, though.

This isn’t an acceptable name for a synthetic. Think of something that is normal and that you wouldn’t raise an eyebrow about if you saw it in the street or if somebody told you that name it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow.

This is also barely a personality. The idea of a synthetic that focuses on the macabre in terms of discussing vivisections/dissection can be played with but it mostly amounts to you wanting to work with the CL and immediately go shipside to ignore the operation and the USCMC. Ask yourself why the USCMC would buy a synthetic that is disloyal and that would immediately abandon its post for little to no reason.

This also extends into your part about how they would react to different ranks in the USCMC. It’s an advertising bot that just encourages you to consume Weyland-Yutani products, and will actively dissuade marines if they are ‘disrupting his progress’ - whatever that means. While you could get away with dissection and such as survivor synthetic, or as shipside synthetic in certain scenarios, it isn’t super applicable in 99% of situations. The long and short of it is that it isn’t an acceptable personality with how you have it worded, nor is it actually a personality at all - it’s more just a checklist of ‘if Y happens, i will do X’, rather than giving you something to talk about or to interact around.

This is more of a personality than the actual personality field but still shows very little of an actual personality. A synthetic that is designed to follow orders and be loyal that also violates and begins to perform dissections despite being ordered not to do so is not a synthetic that is going to exist for very long, as well, nor would it be allowable for you to ignore an order to do something like that in an actual game.

It does not show any dialogue or any semblance of what your synthetics personality is; there is no way to gauge how they will interact with others. I also feel like I should add that synthetics do not experience emotion or feelings to any extent like that in CM - they can simulate it, though, although I doubt they would become detracted (?) if they are unable to save everyone.

This isn’t really an acceptable combat answer nor does it provide any situations where you can do combat. I suggest reading the whitelist guidelines and revising it if you decide to make another application.

I assume you have English as a second language, as well, although it is somewhat hard to read parts of the application. That is not necessarily enough to kill an application, although in the case where it is difficult to even get any meaning out of what is written it is. If you intend to apply next time, I suggest -

• Carefully revising the way the story is written and your ability to write. Multiple synthetics do not have English as a first language or struggle with it to an extent, so it is entirely possible to get the whitelist for you with some effort.
  • Talk with councillors on Discord (myself, Katskan, QuickLoad, TheeBiggest, and TaterTheTank on the CM discord) about the personality and for advice on the story and the application itself. It makes it easier to have it reviewed before you post it and means that you won’t get your application shot down for ‘poor story/personality’.
2 Likes

+1 since I promised… good oldie but I thought he has larger of a story for the synth…

Your story is one paragraph long. Some synthetic applications have pages and pages of story and background with dialogue and situations where people can get to know who your synthetic is. How can people get to know Shard in one paragraph?

Compare how much you’ve written in your application compared to the most recent accepted applications.

This first story alone is about 3500 words more than yours is. The second one is 2300 words more than yours. Not to mention their application answers are longer and more comprehensive.

That’s what I mean when I say low effort.

I’m no WL holder of any kind and I’m by no means an authority of RP because I’m absurdly inconsistent. But if I can give my opinion it would be that on top of what Birdtalon said… Look, I don’t know how to put it in a lighter tone: Part of the perception of the posts having low effort is the grammar. I’ve seen WL councilors be quite strict with people that I thought had a decent grasp of written english, and while at first I thought that they were harsh, IC it would make sense. The wiki states on the synth page that lore-wise synthetics are able to learn xeno language by hearing them speak for a while, so having in mind the prowess that synths have at learning and speaking a wide array of languages seeing them speaking english poorly would be kinda weird.
And I say that because WL applications should be the peak of what individual users should produce in terms of text redaction, structure and grammar because it’s trying to give the best possible impression. And having that in mind the grammar of the posts of the application can be seen as lacking.

1 Like

Your typing proficiency doesn’t inspire confidence in your ability to roleplay a synthetic. I don’t want my synth going uuuuuuuuuuuuh well errrrrrrrrr, or going ‘well’ George, ‘technically’ ‘he’ can’t do that ‘uhhhhh.’ We get that synths aren’t actually any gender, or any people, and we know what a fob is. You don’t need to put ‘ ‘ around everything.

1 Like

I dont want to overstep at all, dont have the whitelist you’re applying for but me and others watched you on discord yesterday write your app live and you yourself said you were drunk while doing so. This explains the typos, it also was cooked up in a few hours at most and you obviously havent checked accepted apps. Never seen your character either. I hope the synth councillors dont waste more of their time on this one.

5 Likes

Low effort. Don’t drink and WL kids.

4 Likes

This application is denied, if you choose to make another effort please use the WL application help channel in discord for any questions and reviewing prior to posting. There’s no harm in posting anything there or asking councilors questions to refine an application using that channel.

1 Like

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting