CampinKiller - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - CampinKiller

What is your BYOND key?

CampinKiller

What is your Discord ID?

CampinKiller

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Victoria A.W. Pedersen, Kara Walker

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Marie

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Marie’s personality is based in the model’s roots as a service-oriented model. Synthetics in front facing positions such as bartending need to be able to hold conversations better than, say, a synthetic built for maintenance work. Her overall personality is that of a confident, or even cocky, person. She does not do it in a way to attack or belittle others, but instead lighten the mood with a quip. She is the type that would say something along the lines of ‘of course you called me, I’m the best,’ after doing something asked for by a marine.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Being a more interpersonal model, Marie would be willing to banter with marines if the situation called for it, not putting them down but keeping their morale up with quips and jokes based on what’s been going on. She would refer to the enlisted by ‘Mister/Miss firstname’ and be more likely to crack jokes with the enlisted than with officers. Officers she would refer to be their rank, and while she would still banter with them within reason, she would also be more apt to ask if she was needed for anything and pump her own tires as opposed to make quips, since they are entrusted to lead.

Marie’s interests are mainly focused around her roots as a service model. Cooking and bartending are two notable skills of hers and they allow her to be sociable with marines, which aligns with her being a more personable model. She uses this to try and get to know marines and talk to them about their lives outside of the USCM. You would probably find her in the mess hall assisting the MT (if one existed) when she was not being used during an operation, preparing meals, drinks, and chatting with marines.

“Marie: simply the best.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I’d like to be a synthetic because I find I enjoy playing support roles more than just your frontline rifleman, and being able to play a support role but adjust what I am doing based on the round is very appealing to me. I’ve enjoyed playing more than just my typical corpsman slot over the last few weeks as I’ve learned the CM flavor of other roles, especially engineering, and I think that’s also helped keep me playing a lot of late. Synths are also very strong in the RP department and as someone who enjoys the RP side of the server, I’d like to be able to do that from a synth standpoint.

I should be whitelisted because I believe I can uphold the standard of the synth whitelist and provide good roleplay to others on the server as a synth. I think both being able to help others by being competent in the various support roles and providing fun RP is a good thing.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

The one that stands out the most happened within the first week I began playing the server again after not playing in close to a decade.

This was when I was playing my first ever round on Chance’s Claim. I had pushed east of the FOB with other marines and ended up getting jumped on by a runner and then hit with an OT grenade that threw me into what I assumed was unrecoverable territory. Suddenly a synth (I believe it was Norman) and another marine appear, and the synth manages to grab my body and dash off. Shortly after reviving me they told me to be more careful, which was a nice touch and made it stick with the rescue I’d thought was impossible.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I’ve spent a lot of time recently playing comtech specifically for this app, and setting up power and comms is something that’s secondhand to me now. I’m familiar with cade theory and needed to maximize the amount of firing positions while not having cades in a position where they can be easily destroyed and try to build cadelines to that effect whenever possible, using the inward L-shape. I keep the foldable cades on the ends of the lines so there is less chance of FF for retreating marines. I try to ensure that there is plenty of room between lines so marines can’t be easily hit by boilers in a confined position. I’m also good with looting up the battlefield for more mats, especially window frames and fencing.

Command:

I am familiar with the basics of command and the SO position, being able to launch OBs, update the tacmap, send supply crates, appoint aSLs, etc. I know to be communicative in command positions, especially when I’ve found myself thrust into an aSL role and have been able to do this while also being focused on my main task (comtech, corpsman, JTAC PFC). I know how to set AA, use the swipers, change access, load OBs, etc.

Medical:

Medical is what I am most familiar with as corpsman is by far the most hours I have out of any role. I have also played my fair share of doctor, at times being the only shipside doctor and having to juggle things as best as possible. In terms of corpsman play I am good at prioritizing and triaging patients and have had many situations where I am surrounded by bodies and able to keep anyone from going perma. As for shipside surgeon I am confident in my surgery knowledge and am able to quickly get through late-stage hugged patients with the scalpel>scalpel>break ribs method. I spent time learning chemistry as well and am confident of being able to make medicines rapidly.

Requisitions:

I can use ASRS, quickly get marines ammo/attachments/weapons at the req line, and the basics of what to be sending to the front and what to be sending to the FOB, as well as how to dial in and send the pad. I know how to pack loose ammo quickly (thankfully it’s not just removing it by hand and throwing it in a box as I fortunately discovered early on) and scrounge things up from around the Almayer that will save us budget.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

The front has fallen and the xenos are chasing the marines back to the FOB. I was present at the front to assist in treating wounded marines and am evacuating one of those wounded marines in the midst of the retreat. A lurker attempts to attack us as we withdraw. I can either quickly try to deter the lurker by attacking it and getting it to back off so we can continue pulling back, or try to outrun the lurker with the marine on my back.

Hijack has happened and a few marines are attempting to finish barricading a pump after the dropship has crashed into the Almayer. A lone xeno appears and begins harassing the construction, I leave the barricades to attack and chase it off, but I will not follow it across the ship in order to kill it. I will instead return to the cades after it has backed off and resume duties of supporting the marines in the defense of the ship.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

I’m in CST (UTC-6) and typically play between 12-1pm to 5pm and then 8-9pm to 11 or midnight. Also thanks to NewOriginalSchwann for looking over my application story.

I do remember you as a competent CT. +1

I’ve seen both Kara and Victoria in-game, and I can attest to Campin being able to play HM, surgeon, and comtech quite well. In addition, they’ve put in hours in other roles such as staff officer and cargo technician to learn them. Campin has my full support, and I believe they’ll do great work in the role if they get it.

Hey CampinKiller and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

The personality you listed here is pretty nice, you found a realistic and fun approach to it - I definitely am a fan. Logline and interactions are sound and they were well used in the story.

I liked your aspirations for becoming a Synthetic and based off of what we’ve heard of you, it is definitely promising.

The story was fantastic! It was extremely representative of your quirk in use and tied together a lot of lore which I personally love. This is the epitome of what a Colonial Synthetic should represent! Fantastic usage of dialogue which showcases Marie and how she interacts. Great work on this.

Experience answers were fleshed out and nuanced.

Your combat answers are within programming and seem to demonstrate your understanding of the ways which Synthetic’s operate.

This is one of the best applications I’ve seen in the past couple months, from the quirk to teh story and the answers - they are all very nicely put together.

During our observations we found that your RP was quite good, and your gameplay in combat support roles were sound.

This leaves us with the last criteria which would be vouches, I think that your application saw less traffic than what would usually be accepted, but because of you received some Synthetic Vouches and the quality of your application alongside your ingame competency, we found that you may very well be suited to the Synthetic Whitelist.

Thus, we would like to welcome Marie to the USS Almayer!
:mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Added synth:approved and removed synth:waiting