Cinematic Mode: Permadeath

I would love to have this in the game. What a great idea

1 Like

Thats cuz marines have nothing to lose.

Its not a biggie if they perma during hijack since the round is about to end anyways.

I think if this gets added, marines would have more reason to mutiny during evac and i think that’d be very funny to see. MORE SHIPSIDE CHAOS

2 Likes

But honestly, if the CO refuses evac and does a tank bay hold, there is not enough time to form an angry mob, ahelp for permisssion, find the CO and gun him down without getting gunned down by the other “Woah, a mutiny, HvH, yeah!”-mob, strip his ID and tablet and authorize evac and then somehow get to the pods at the other end of the ship without getting queen-screeched and killed by T3s.

That is the risk you run. Deal with it. Know the COs. You can always Cryo.

There are specific rules for evac mutiny’s in order to get pods launched and they do not require admin permission as far as I can remember.

Permadeath toggle would be approved for the masochists.

Caveats:
ONLY riflemen.
No rank changes. It encroaches on SOP/ML stuff.
A notch on your medal or a special medal I’d be fine with.

1 Like

@Anclador You are indeed right, evac mutinys do not require permission, but still, marines will be almost never mutiny for evacuation because they only have two minutes to get all that done.
About the rank changes, I would even like to see marines getting a higher rank after some rounds, of course not like on TGMC that the tryhard pvt becomes the highest-ranking marine groundside and overthrows all bald squad leaders, but ICly, why would a rifleman need to specialize in either medical or engineering in order to raise in rank?

I like the idea, kinda hope officers can do this stuff (without the promotion shenanigans because that would cause chaos on lowpop) so I could be the in-house PO, but i don’t have a solution for COs because of the whole whitelist thing (i guess if the COs know how to RP, they can sort it out?? idk, I’ve never CO’d)

Would be cool- but if there’s no rank change, people would rarely, if ever, toggle it, if not to meme and stuff. Gotta give it some appeal- barely-noticeable notches are very meh.

Idea: Link the salad to your hours played medal, no promotions just drip/one time rewards, combine this to R.I.P. ///and/or/// The Road To Platinum Is A Long One!!!!! (plat ''rewards'')

R.I.P. being a one time cash reward to spend in Req
and Plat rewards being aged armor sprites to reflect service time

1 Like