How to be more liked/not so disliked as an MP (yes fr, I am making this guide)

So you are an MP. Your job is to ruin all the fu- ahem! Your job is to enforce Military law. How does that help? Well it a way of solving rule breaking IC. The mild ones anyway. It is setting an RP standard. So yeah in that sense I’d say it is important. However it is also a den for people who are actually looking to ruin the fun by abusing their authority. The MPs being the descendants of Security in SS13 have always had a bad name thanks to that. However you don’t have to be the same. You can be at least not disliked by the people you have to interact with. Now I am not saying I have not been an ass to people as an MP. But I have found a couple of ways to, well read the title.

Be prepared however. People will get mad at you most of the time. It is natural for your role to be hated and it is natural for you, who plays that role to be hated even if the hater does not really know you.

For starters control your emotions

(It goes without saying to not be a shitter on purpose. If you get on the game to ruin someone else’s day don’t. Go outside, take a few deep breaths and some air.)

Everyone ever have been there. You for one reason or the other lost your temper or got triggered by something. It happens almost at least once every game. However when your are about to lose it you must consider your position. You have authority. People view you differently because of it. It is like you are on a different world than them. When you interact with them on legal matters it is normal for them to get emotional. They may do or say things that may anger or trigger you. Stick to the law! Did they do anything illegal? In that case you can present them with the consequences and explain to them what they did was wrong. Best to calm them down before or during that part. I can save you a lot of running or even bleeding. In my experience it is very likely that people will lose their shit if they believe to have been mistreated on purpose.

Make them empathized with you and your position

Like most on the Almayer you have a job to do. As I said before however it is a job that disconnects you from the rest. Kinda like the black sheep of the Almayer. When someone sees you the first thing they see you as is an MP. But you are also a marine and a player. Let them see that. Casually talk with them at the req line. If they got arrested and they start unloading on you, tell em you got a job to do as much as they do. Crack a joke here and there. Don’t be that dude that sits in a corner overlooking his subjects, ready to baton any who as much as flinch. Show em you are on the same plain as them. I like to be a bit goofy from time to time, show em I have that unga in me. Though care cause you may be bonked for ERP.

Be reasonably tolerant

So long no one is harmed and no law is broken you can be chill. Know when to intervein. Sometimes marines just wanna have fun. If you see delta and charlie shoving at briefing room before briefing just tell em to calm down. You don’t have to show up like that cop from raining meatballs. Of course the ungas will fight. If you try to restrain them you essentially join the brawl. They will get tired at some point and stop by themselves. If however they start hurting each other that’s a different story. In that case it is more than likely that nearby marines will also assist in restraining them. Another example. Are marines bad mouthing or making fun of you? Don’t get mad. Fire back with some clever comeback. Many appreciate that over an angry and triggered response. In any case do not be hostile. Even ignoring them will at least not make you look any worse. Like I said at the start being made fun of is part of the job. So long you are not harmed, no law is broken and they are not out of line relax.

In any case do not be this guy
download

7 Likes

These are some generally well-written tips about how to behave as MP, but this isn’t really a MP guide like you claim over there MP guide - #40 by The_Swatter. You might want to add where the brig is, what gear is available to you, a basic rundown on ML, how to arrest and brig someone, appeal procedure and so on for it to be a real MP guide.

3 Likes

Who gives a fuck about being liked as an MP?

Just do your job.

5 Likes

I will add, ALL you got to do is be chill, and NJP whenever anyone does a minor crime.

The marines do not like it when you jail their spec.

4 Likes

Apparently I do

2 Likes

well this aint an MP guide. It’s how to be more liked MP guide. If you want an MP guide read ML. It sums up everything

1 Like

No criminal scum escapes a true mp.

They didnt have any mercy when they violated the law… so I have no mercy to give them

3 Likes

Inspite of everything you’ve done for them, eventually they will hate you, why bother?

2 Likes

No, I’ve had people insult me then be like, “Oh it’s Mark”.

3 Likes

Shhhhhhh, let me reference the spider man movies.

1 Like

Excellent guide. If only most MPs followed it.

1 Like

honestly i just act like a lobotomite as MP and the marines love me its that simple

3 Likes

Chill MPs are dope. Though as I always say, know when to sharpen the fuck up when your superior is a strict CMP.

1 Like

The likability of an MP is inversely proportional to how much they actually do their job.

3 Likes

Had an MP last week tell the CE how to do their job in a really negative way because their MTs were all in engineering talking to eachother. Later whilst me and another MP were guarding 3 COs in their tour of the ship, that same MP commented “you all walk like peasants”……In front of 2 Majors and a Lt Colonel.

Me and the other guard pretty much had a go with them until it was the CMPs turn……dont be like this

CE should’ve ordered arrest for DASO for telling a second lieutenant how to do his job

1 Like

Should have, the CE was a sport about it, so me and another MP were just RPing how poor of an MP the other person was whilst the CO meeting were taking place

1 Like

“Just do your job”

It’s a video game bro

5 Likes

man like dont have this thing of being disliked i hate mps since i started playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

CE did nothing wrong.

1 Like