LambdaSucks - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - LambdaSucks

What is your BYOND key?
LambdaSucks

What is your Discord ID?
Lambda#5442

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
Yes, I play a character named Emil Stafford

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
I have never filled out a whitelist application prior to this one. I’ve been apart of the community off and on for a year now, but this is my first time seeking out a whitelist.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Vesper

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Vesper’s model was created for data-analytics assignments. Due to this, Vesper is incredibly focused, detail-oriented, and curious. Efficiency and knowledge are this synthetic’s greatest priorities. Vesper is constantly seeking out new data and information, analyzing almost everything around it for patterns or connections. Because of this, Vesper is a double-edged sword, sometimes providing outstanding information that can aid those around it, yet more often than not, providing useless patterns and connections that do nothing to help with the task at hand.

When it comes to communicating with those around it. Vesper is often blunt, straight to the point, and offers little to no quips, sarcasm, or humor.

Sometimes, Vesper will become obsessive over a particular data set presented. For instance, it may spend its downtime examining hundreds of boxes of crayons to find out the average deviation between pigments of sky-blue crayons. When in this state, Vesper may seem distant or less responsive than normal. And while it will have no issue following orders given to it, it will default to such investigations between assignments, or may even allow for a limited sect of its processing to continue ruminating while on task.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Vesper remains well informed with the USCM rank structure. Each rank and role aboard a standard USCM vessel is understood by Vesper, allowing it to tailor its’ behavior to properly suit each interaction.

Commissioned Officers: Vesper would address them as such, respect their authority, and refrain from speaking unless input is necessary or directly addressed, playing an advisory role when need be.

Marines and other combat personnel: Vesper would likely have a more utilitarian relationship with combat personnel, providing them with any necessary data, analysis, or advisement to assist them in their missions, but not necessarily showing any particular interest or affinity for their work.

Doctors and researchers: Vesper shows a particular affinity for doctors and researchers, given its own focus on data analysis and pattern recognition. It would be eager to collaborate with these individuals and provide them with any assistance they might need in their research.

Conversations with Vesper would be less focused towards a relationship or a person, and more tailored towards deriving or providing information or data. This would mean that Vesper would either share analytics it has already processed, if asked, or ask questions/listen to personnel in order to reinforce or create new data sets, including behavioral. It is very unlikely that Vesper would interrupt a conversation, even though it may show a lack of interest. However, in some circumstances the synthetic may decide that it needs to disassociate itself from a conversation in order to tend to higher priorities.

To summarize, Vesper is very interested in information, data, and knowledge about anything and everything. To Vesper, everything can and will be analyzed.

A quip for Vesper would be:

“Introducing Vesper: The cutting-edge synthetic designed to deliver unparalleled data analysis and insights. With its advanced tools and insights, Vesper is the key to unlocking your full potential.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
I would like to be a synthetic for a multitude of reasons. I have always been a fan of the synthetics from the movies, especially Bishop in Aliens. On the server, I like to jump between supportive roles; medical, requisitions, engineer, and I feel that being a synth would allow me to mix my experience in all of these roles and allow me to play a new kind of support. Not only this, but I also appreciate the roleplay that comes from synth characters, and I feel I could add onto the server by delivering some of my own synth roleplay and experiences.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
My most memorable interaction was with a Synthetic named Phelan. I was a marine that got caught out on my own, killed by a xeno. Phelan came across me, grabbed me, pulled me out and nursed me back to health. I was so inspired by this that I went with him and helped him as he saved other marines, guarding him while he carried marines all the way back to the FOB.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:
I am very familiar with engineering. I have considerable experience with establishing an FOB, how to properly plan out and construct cadelines, upgrading and maintaining them, repairing and establishing comms, as well as providing power to them. Bolting doors, forcing them open, making it so that they electrocute people, bypassing the ID locks. Fixing APC modules that have been entirely broken, repairing power generators, and restoring power to sections of the colony properly. Fast deployment of cades on the frontlines, and utilizing sentries in ways that render them the most benefit to a defense.

Command:
I am familiar with command. I have swapped between all command roles excluding CO. I can properly manage a squad, understand how to assign fireteams, understand the function of the various consoles within the CIC. I have good knowledge of reassigning people to new squads, changing IDs to allow more access or revoke it, and providing IFF. I can also handle tacmaps and announcements like it’s second nature

Medical:
I am very familiar with medical, and have dedicated time in the corpsman and doctor role. I understand the effects of each medicine, how to properly revive someone, how to save someone from copious amounts of damage without them perma’ing. I understand the various surgeries and how to perform them on an operating table or on a surgery bed, I can perform most surgeries as second nature, rapidly and reliably. I have a good deal of experience with chemistry and can create most known drugs or mixes with little issue.

Requisitions:
While req is my least played of the four skillsets, I do understand its functionality and have the experience to fulfill the role when and if necessary. I can process marine requests and give them items from the front vendors, as well as understanding what is in stock and which vendors to access it from. I can process orders and requests and understand how to properly utilize the lift. I can effectively perform supply drops with little issue and understand how to reliably keep ground forces maintained and happy. Not only this, but I am familiar with the black market system and understand its functionality and benefits.

Synthetic Understanding

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in?
The only scenarios in which a synthetic should perform combat are situations in which the life of that synthetic is actively being threatened, and cannot be evaded.

Examples of this would be:

A xenomorph is actively destroying a section of defenses left unmanned by marines, and a synth notices it. It would likely engage it from within the FOB to deter it, as if the xenomorph broke through it could mean the loss of life for both the synth and the marines inside.

Another example would be if the synth is traveling and is actively being hunted by a runner. It would do what it can to evade, but if put in a position where it must fight back in order to buy itself enough time to escape, it may very well engage. However, the synthetic would not prioritize destroying the threat, but instead would prioritize evasion from the threat.

Finally, you may witness a synthetic engaging in a delta scenario. This may be if the synthetic is a survivor from the colony (before help has arrived), is left on the colony and abandoned, or is on the ship when there is an active boarder or hijack scenario. The reason why a synthetic may engage in these scenarios is because the threat in these instances has grown to the point where it must be quelled in order to preserve the synthetics life and the lives of those around it. (This isn’t to say that the synthetic should become rambo and begin slaying everything in its path, but it should choose its fights and begin neutralizing the threat when and where it sees an opportunity, such as picking off lone hostiles.)

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
true

Have you read the application process page?
true

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
true

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
true

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
I have never been banned from CM, nor do I have any active jobbans on the server.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
No, I am not.

Let us know why you were discord banned.
N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I am very passionate about having the opportunity to contribute to the server as a synthetic character, and I hope that has shown throughout this application.

2 Likes

Hello!

To get one thing straight, this is probably one of the better apps I’ve seen for the Synthetic WL on the new forums. You did great being informative, creative and most importantly answering the questions above standards.

Your Synthetic idea: I’ve already gave you positive feedback on your story, I think everything you’ve done within these areas is great. I’m sure you’ve been told about your Synth’s name “Vesper” but that’s an issue a council member has to inform you of.

Skillsets: For your skills, good, explanatory answers of what you know what your knowledge is for each support. The problem here is, and this is to help boost your chances, is to play these support roles. Command and Requisitions, they’re not as important but your focus should be Medic, Comtech, Doctor. Myself and others would like to see you play the roles I specified so you can back up your words. This is a good way to show off how you roleplay as your character so keep playing as Emil Stafford.

Overall: I cannot give you a +1 but I’m not downvoting your application either, I think its great. Focus support roles, get your name out there and be reliable. You can’t accomplish this being a colony survivor. Good luck, you can do it!

2 Likes

Hey! Thank you again for that feedback by the way, I’m very glad I reached out for help and reviews while in the process of making this app.

As for the issue of the name, I have been told and I’ve already thought of a backup in case this one is undesirable. Not particularly attached to the name Vesper, just thought it was fitting.

I’ll be making an effort to play near-exclusively those three roles: Medic, Comtech, and Doctor in order to show my ability.

I just finished the reading the app I am active on Cm-SS13 I have not seen you play very many medical roles or ComTech Role’s This where I suggest you start form, but I can account the times I have seen you on as them. You do know what you are supposed to do as these roles. I do believe you would be a great synth and as I said I believe you should work on being in more medical roles and Engineering roles, but you do get a +1 form me. I do want to note I am not whitelisted Synth but I have seen enough synth and played enough of the required roles that I do know what is required to be a synth.

My interactions with Emil Stafford have always been positive and can vouch for their ability to RP so a +1 in that department, would like to see you play medic + engineer more.

2 Likes

This application is denied due to some problems observed during rounds. The application and story are very well done, so the council wants to see you reapply. I recommend adding your general play times to the next application, and continue to play doctor and medic so your improvement can be assessed.