Let xenos use environment to perma marines & Let xenos camp corpses for five minutes

You already can use fuel tanks to set up traps, you can shove marines into flames, you can do a lot of evil stuff, but for some reason putting them on Alamo pad (happens once in never) and in ASRS pit (doesn’t even perma you) is a big no-no. WHAT? Why? Metagaming? Xenos know about metal birds and how they work, why wouldn’t you put your enemy on the pad? Why wouldn’t you fling your enemy in a big pit? It’s funny and epic, and it’s not easy to pull off (most of the time it happens during evac or with survs, but who really cares about such situations?) There is a lot of other ways to essentially perma marines (by capping them or hiding them in a corner of the map), I believe this is a rule that we don’t need at all. (Also the rule is not even mentioned in the rules, but I saw a recent player report that confirms it is still a thing, from my understanding it falls under metagaming)

Also, it just came to my mind, another excessive rule is that you cannot camp corpses. Oh, wait, you can. But you cannot camp them for exact five minutes, which is??? So 4 minutes is okay, 6 minutes is okay, but 5 is a no-no. What’s even the point? How does the game suffer from the fact xenos camp corpses for exact 5 minutes? In a borderline case it can even be detrimental for xenos if the camped marine has a stim in their blood that prolongs the defib timer. Yeah, it is a rare situation, but just for the sake of argument I am bringing it up.

IMO, both of these rules are bloat and do nothing but bring back “rule-clarifications” all over again.

5 Likes

The one thing i agree about is the DS thing. Since it ONLY happens when survs hold next to the LZ. Make it more dangerous to hold near LZs, and don’t just make them the prime holding spot every time since mechanical locks (You can’t be near when marines drop since thats metagaming, and has been proven in staff reports)(You also don’t get weeds for whatever reason, because that makes sense? Just make it so you can’t build or something).

1 Like

true btw

I’m pretty sure you’re already allowed to camp corpses, the thing that prohibited that was rules clarification page which is defunct now

This happens almost literally every time alamo isn’t on the landing pad and the FOB gets overrun. Not even incidentally as a matter of fighting, but intentionally. As in warriors grabbing people then flinging them onto the landing pad and killing them there, or lurkers stunning someone then dragging them onto the landing pad while slashing them.

You cannot be serious saying you don’t see this happen all the time.

This is not rare, this happens every single time there’s an opportunity for it to happen. Honestly I wasn’t even aware it was against the rules because it happens that often and I’ve never heard of anyone being punished for it.

2 Likes

I swear to god there was an announcement like three weeks ago that stated you cannot camp corpses for exact 5 minutes.

UPD 8th of April

1 Like

Stuff like this is almost impossible to enforce properly, and therefore essentially “legal”, since you can literally do all these things and probably not get caught unless you’re stupidly obvious.

3 Likes

It is quite common to see xenos tossing dying people onto the landing pads intentionally.

1 Like

I think the intension is that gibbing someone is rare for a reason. It’s frustrating to have no counter player to being gibbed. It’s like the tank. Do you think it’s fine if someone was to click on you and gib you?

2 Likes

I mean, if I got flinged under the dropship or even in the ASRS pit, chances are it won’t matter much as the round is about to end. I don’t think it’s as frustrating, I think it’s more funny and smart than frustrating. A lot of things a lot more frustrating than this, like double tap drone, runner tackle drag, AI huggers targeting you from a corner, warrior lunge, etc. etc.

But it’s not about it being frustrating or not. It’s against the rules (as far as I know) not because it’s frustrating, but because it’s “metagaming” for some reason.

1 Like

it’s under metagaming rules but i’m pretty sure the reason is because it fucking sucks when it happens to you and it’s not really creative and idk what else it falls under

the game is worse the less people are in it for both sides, permanently removing people makes the game less fun overall (hence why it is limited to a 5 minute cooldown gib)

catching someone dragging somebody underneath a landing pad or like trying to blow them up with welding fuel tanks post-mortem is pretty obvious though

3 Likes

I can’t speak for policy makers of course, but just for theorizing sake, how about if someone codes it so that the dropship pilot (or anyone who remote launches) can see the entire landing pad via camera console, and can pause or abort the landing sequence (and go to another LZ) and in exchange, xenos are allowed to drag people onto pads to try to gib. That way the blame can be shared if the gib happens :slight_smile: (and it’s more realistic if the decision to land isn’t locked in at the moment you start the launch sequence)

If we’re talking about gibbing, it’s worth mentioning that this should be a rarely occurring thing for USCM dropships, since the actual dropships land on a planet with landing gear, the entire ship does not physically land on the ground. Realistically most bodies should be harmlessly shoved to the side of the dropship to simulate this.

5 Likes

Losing and dying always sucks, there is nothing to be done. It is creative and requires a lot of stars to align. I honestly don’t think it happens too often, dunno why people say it happens a lot (where are the reports/bans then?) I don’t recall a single time in April when someone got flinged under dropship. I think I saw a guy being flinged into OB, with the same result btw (not against the rules afaik), and that was incredibly funny. Still I see no reason for this rule to be a thing. There is a lot of other ways to perma, and these ways are a lot more likely to happen. Warrior can just decap you after lunge shoving. This will perma you and is not against the rules. Queen has the gib ability. Yeah, there is five minutes CD, but you’ll be able to gib a lot more people in a round than you will be able to gib with a dropship lol.

Just for clarification: the cooldown on gib ability is 15 minutes

1 Like

Xenos have a dedicated way to gib marines it’s the queen

From what I remember that rule about ds gibbing is old and a leftover from the times where gibbing a lot of corpses at once was a tall order for server and when xenos could drag corpses.

Xenos no longer can drag corpses and server probably won’t explode if 10 guys get gibbed (which happens every so often with confirming great hits on FoB coords).

At this point it has to be just an old rule nobody bothered to touch besides extending it to ASRS pit.

If they know that much, why they don’t just decap every single marine corpse when relatively safe to do so? Why would you put your enemy on the pad, why would you fling your enemy in a big pit when you won’t slash him just about anywhere else?

For the 5 minutes rule surerly aims to prevent metagaming, but is actually pretty much impossible to enforce, easy mechanical solution to have defib timers be random between 4-6 minutes

Capping takes much more effort that fighting near DS pad and using ability that throws marine on it, just as hiding marines in a corner. If you can drag somebody to a corner of a map, why can’t you cap it?
Oh, it takes effort and presents 0.000001% risk that marine reverse-chestburts, so you can’t have it.

Pretty recent PR, just to prove the rule is still there.

Because usually when you can decap you can also cap, which is just better. But I remember a round when warrior and two burrowers sneaked in on Almayer and warrior decaped like a few dozens marines there, and it wasn’t against the rules.

Capping takes more effort, but flinging people under DS requires you to be inside the FOB and have a DS landing. So again, you need stars to align.

Because capping is better. But when hive is destroyed and xenos are out of eggs, it’s not uncommon for xenos to drag people as far as possible just to kill them. Not against the rules.

Interesting topic tbh. I think the main question is how strict is the xeno roleplay on this server? Cause why would a xeno take the time or put effort into stunning/tackling a half dead marine a bunch of times in order to drag them to the middle of a landing pad. That’s stupid and makes zero sense from a RP perspective, they would just capture or kill them on the spot and not play around with them like some stuffed animal. Xenos should not understand the concept of “perma death” and it’s 100% metagaming in the servers current policy/state.

That being said I’ve been gibbed on the landing pad cause of a warrior punch before during a FOB siege and I’ve been thrown down the ASRS during hijack. I thought both deaths were hilarious and would never consider reporting the xeno players in question. I believe it happens a bit more often then you might think it does. It’s really funny game play from my point of view but at the same time I can see how it would really piss people off.

The whole “no camping corpses” shouldn’t be a thing imo. It’s actually almost impossible to enforce such a rule correctly/fairly due to the game play nature of SS13/CM. Taking advantageous space/ground/corners is one of the most vital things you can do in combat, just cause a marine died shouldn’t make the spot some weird OOC situation all of a sudden. A lurker killing a marine that ran out into the jungle alone and then camping his body might be considered metagaming but why would the lurker leave a well hidden ambush spot just cause they killed one marine? Kinda their job to just sit there, wait and then ambush.

3 Likes

I think “no camping corpses” applies more to a warrior getting a kill on someone who is considered good then starting a 5 minute timer and having a hivelord make a fort around his corpse, than a lurker sitting in his ambush spot where he killed someone.

5 Likes