What is your Discord ID?

lopitsss

What is your timezone in UTC?

BRT-03

Player Name You Use Most?

Isabel Lopits

Ban Appeals, Whitelist and Staff Applications:

N/A

Have you been banned in the last 3 months?

N/A

If so, why?

N/A

Command Knowledge:

How familiar are you with command positions?

I would say that my aptitude for command in general, whether of departments or ground troops, and my communication with other officers, be it the CO or XO, has been ranged good, I rarely have operations where I encounter a communication-leading problem whether in SO or XO.

Even when tasked with leading a department like Requisitions and Engineering, I never found it problematic. Similarly, when appeals were delegated to me, I handled them with constant care along with the ML, it’s not something very difficult to do.
I also acted as a deputized ASO multiple times, engaging in arrests and processings.
If necessary, even as XO, I took on multiple OBs on my own and prepared AA dozens of times, both at the start and during operations.

Overall, I have experience with all aspects related to frontline-backline command (frequent announcements and as quickly as possible) and ship-side organization, maintaining coherence above all and good communication with Squad Leaders and department heads.

Hours in XO:

40 Hours

Hours in SL:

19 Hours

Character Information:

Why did your character decide to become the CO of a ship?

Isabel Lopits took her oath of service during officer academy. Despite having the opportunity to follow in her father’s footsteps, a senior-ranking active officer in the UAAC, she chose specifically to join the Colonial Marines. Her time at the academy was exemplary, and her transition to command was proven to be a great success in the eyes of senior officers. Her skill and dedication, whether in ground command or in the organization and readiness while serving aboard USCM vessels, distinguished her. Her background quickly became filled with excellent conduct records. As time went on, her dedication led to multiple promotions, eventually earning her the position of Executive Officer aboard the USS Worcester, under the command of Michael Calhoun. Although Lopits was not YET comfortable with a possible promotion and a jump to O-4, this would all change. During the ambush in Operation Jungle Hearts, Captain Isabel Lopits decided to take action and deploy as the Senior Commander on ground, immediately engaging in combat. Though not directly engaging the enemy, her utilization of organization and available support turned the tide decisively in favor of the USCM Marines. By the end of the operation, the active Cell Leader on LV-559 had been captured and delivered into the hands of Captain Isabel Lopits.

How did your character attain the position of CO?

Shortly after the conclusion of Operation Jungle Hearts, the automatic system linked to the helmetcam of Executive Officer Isabel Lopits was sent as an operation report to the Third Fleet station in Chinook, where a possible promotion to Major was discussed.

Provide a short story of your CO.

The lore is heavily focused on the POV of Executive Officer Isabel Lopits, prioritizing the character, dialog and actions.

Command Actions:

When do you believe it’s appropriate to pardon a prisoner?

Important factors must be considered for a pardon, whether it is due to an emergency, such as a job that only one individual can perform and where there are few others with the same capabilities.

• In an emergency where the individual’s assistance proves ESSENTIAL for the support or even the success of an operation, this is highly dependent on how the person responds to their crime when approached.

• The individual must also demonstrate the ability to learn from their mistake, be educated, and show remorse for the situation.

• This is clearly reserved for Minor and Major crimes only. -

Give some examples of when you would or would not use pardon.

I would USE a pardon on:

• A new Cargo Tech who accidentally shot a marine in the Req line, the active MP, who decided to enter requisitions and interrupt the process to detain the poor CT. The Cargo Tech was very apologetic, repeatedly saying they were new to the job and confused. Upon hearing this over the Almayer’s general radio, I decided to “padon” the CT by calling the MP on their appropriate radio and canceling the arrest.
    This is identified as an Arrest Cancellation, but if he would have been arrested, i would issue a Pardon.

• A group of marines is causing trouble in REQ/MEDICAL, engaging in fights, throwing chairs, making noise, and bothering personnel who are simply minding their own business. A CT/QM, Doctor/CMO/Nurse decides to confront the group about the situation, slowly escalating to shoving and then punching. It doesn’t take long for an MP to see the situation and call for backup, and all involved are taken to the Brig.
    I would Pardon the CT/QM, Doctor/CMO/Nurse who took part in confronting the group, while the rest would serve their time.

• I would Pardon a Doctor/GP/QM based on the urgency of their service, considering whether it is essential for the operation or not. If the infraction is serious, I would assign an MP or even two to keep the pardoned individual in line and under observation, if there is no MP’s available, they will remain on the Brig.

I would NOT pardon:

• A marine or officer who had an order refused in the requisitions line, denied the fact of being refused, began disrupting the department both on shipside comms and by banging on windows and attempting to enter the department to either get what he wanted or just to fight. The QM quickly called an MP and the situation was resolved, making the simple situation ineligible for a Pardon.

• A Spec/SG/FTL/SL/Marine/Corpsman or Comtech decides to bang on the glass of the briefing hall, causing the irritating sound for everyone on briefing, and becoming the class clown by encouraging others to do the same. An SO ordered them to cease, but the offender simply ignored the order, responding with a curse. the briefing MP arrested the Marine on the SO’s orders. I would not issue a Pardon.

• An officer or enlisted personnel continues in shipside comms, disrespecting an individual, a situation where an Officer should know better. They will receive only a warning before being arrested; if they do not stop, they will serve their due time. if the offender is an Enlisted, arrest would only occur with the consent of the victim, confirming that it is not just a prank between them. Both of the cases a Pardon will not be issued.

When do you believe it’s appropriate to use a Battlefield Execution?

The use of a BE is something that, IC, Lopits would avoid at ALL costs. The act of pointing a Mateba/Deagle at another human being’s face and pulling the trigger is something she wouldn’t be able to forget that easily. However, if the situation proves critical, where a life is at risk and a BE can quickly resolve the issue, she will carry it out.

Faced with a threat to her vessel or crew in an emergency situation, she will perform the BE. This includes sabotage of an essential sector or an assassination attempt on a crew member.

Sexual harassment would also be dealt with appropriately. If it reaches an intense level, a BE will follow.
Any enlisted OR officer who goes against the chain of command, refuses to follow or behave according to orders, and spreads hatred against the command, be inciting a mutiny, or Lopits herself, will face a BE.

I would seek to avoid it as much as possible if we have an active MP department, but as stated, if the situation escalates to a serious level, it will be dealt with accordingly.

Give some examples of when you would or would not use Battlefield Execution.

I would USE the BE on:

• The operation has been ongoing for an hour and forty minutes. A good number of the marines are still alive, and the enemy has no captures. During a FOB siege, a Staff Officer starts shouting for us to evacuate, even though the FOB is holding, and there is still a good chance we can turn the tide. He keeps his drama show not only on the command channel but also via messages in the OW, repeatedly ordering his marines to board the Alamo and call everyone for a evacuation.
    He would be removed from command immediately. At the same time, I would avoid calling an MP until having a conversation with him, otherwise, the SO might react poorly and cause a worse situation within the CIC.

During the conversation, he remains disrespectful, repeatedly telling us what we should have done and listened to him, using profanity and not treating any officers involved with respect. He is aggressive towards the XO and me as a CO. He refuses to listen to my words and instantly runs to the OW. Fearing the worst and seeing this as a case of extreme insubordination, he would receive a BE on the spot, which would be announced via the command tablet immediately.

I would USE the BE on:

• While on the ground, during an advance through a choke point in the caves against the hive, I gave coordinates for a High Explosive OB, ensuring it was safe from the front line and in a position to force the enemy to retreat and re-weed.

After announcing the OB once on the command tablet and across all squad radios, a group of five marines decided to chase after a defender who attempted a push. The five ran inside, and the queen quickly built resin walls to block their passage. Meanwhile, the OB had already been fired and was about to hit the said push.

No one went to help them, and the OB landed as intended. Four marines from the group were gibbed, but one survived. After being treated, he immediately ran to me and started repeatedly punching me, cursing in the process and calling everyone who didn’t push “cowards.” I decided to use the stun baton against him, telling him to stop his dramatic show. He got up and pulled out a shotgun, attempting to shoot me point-blank. I kept my distance and immediately fired my Mateba to put him down, proceeding with a BE.

The group charged into an area where an OB was MEANT to hit, despite multiple warnings. They did it anyway.

I would USE the BE on:

• During shoving, punching, or even attempts to shoot at me or another officer who is properly aggrieved, the offender, if they ignore warnings and continue, will receive a BE.

• As described in the first example, any officer who deviates from their duties in the chain of command and affects the integrity of operations on the ground or aboard the Almayer will have a conversation with me. If the situation escalates, involving insults, shots, or assault overall, a BE will follow.

I would NOT use a BE:

• New players, generally PVTs, regardless of the role they choose, after they do something, such as shooting someone, i will try to talk to the player and also use mentorhelp for assistance, and if necessary, even ahelp to ensure the PVT is being monitored and helped during their gameplay.

• An officer/marine who voluntarily surrenders to an MP or Officer, regardless of their infraction or crime, will be processed and treated accordingly based on their doings.

• Lastly, I would not use a BE on an individual who remains well-behaved and polite. I will accept criticism up to a certain point of action, as long as it does not interfere with the operation or departments at all, whether they are an Officer or a Marine.

• When an officer/marine I know, who has good intentions, decides to joke a little, involving shoving, carrying or punching, everything clearly has its limits, and I will address this with the person doing it. I will likely issue a NJP once the prank or conversation has concluded and the “funny time” has passed.
    I will only accept such a thing once the Operation comes to an end or we are at an early start.

11 Likes

Here are the playtimes.

4 Likes

Instant +1, Can not even give any negatives regarding their skills as an XO or SO,
Even as a comtech/medic/rifleman Isabel is constantly listening and responding, which shows their attention to comms

2 Likes

Giving only a +1 would be an understatement on how good lopits is at this video game. Not only is she good at every marine role, but she’s one of the best XO’s I’ve had the pleasure of serving. Fattest +1 i can give to anyone, good luck!!!

2 Likes

Leaving a +1, understands roleplay standards for roles, and a competent XO. Overall a friendly character and player to come across, and does not muddle the line of RP standards, also a very reliable communicator and command player.

2 Likes

+1 Good RP, understand and play her role wells. Good XO, with overall good ML knowledge, fellow W-Y Enjoyer. I belive she would honor the WL and play well the role

2 Likes

+1 Good player that I saw multiple times as a XO and they were competent at the role. Overall friendly character who they roleplay as a beliavable one. When Lopits is your XO it mostly ends good. Good luck on the whitelist!

2 Likes

+1 We love to meme about Slopits, but you know CIC will be staffed with a competent person when you see them as SO or XO. <3

3 Likes

+1 They have the qualities to RP although can goof around abit they still get the job done. Also can confirm they can substitute for each department if needed… Maybe research is an exception but no one substitutes research except CMO.

3 Likes

i dont think you’re ready for CO yet.

you get frantic and lose your cool very easily; there’s a lot of allcapsing, a lot of demeaning, a lot of screaming at other people in CIC when a round hasn’t gone well against 40 something xenos with only 60 marines. there’s something here loosely regarding professionalism, and may not be outright AGAINST the code of conduct for COs, but i find you unpleasant to play with.

likewise above, the divide between IC and OOC is thin. something that might make lopits mad makes YOU mad, and the mask of RP slips: getting hugged by a facehugger and complaining in local chat that “my character didn’t want to click the hugger”; captain gave you an order not to do a risky push and you tried to keep at it with them, and finally culminated in tastefully suggesting they “Bend o-”. which doesn’t rise to the level and quality i’d expect of a potential CO, especially not when talking directly to the captain of an operation; threats that you’d “happily commit EORG” on someone when you died if someone in dchat gave you their name.

finally, i’m not sold on marine law being upheld appropriately. i’ve seen an SL and some rifleman try to break into the CO’s office to get jones, and the CC alerted command of this. plenty of MPs were around and responded, and you as a non-deputized ASO ran up there, grabbed a chair, and went around past the MPs into maintenance opening lockers expecting to go swinging on some people. i really like…don’t want that around CO. that struck me as erratic and validhunt-y. if you’re going to use your non-deputized command capacities specifically to seek out other marines with the intent to beat them down when the people who’s job it is to handle those escalations are already working at it, i definitely don’t want to see what you think you can do with BE and pseudo-immunity to ML when tons of other things call for your attention.

i know your flavor is “seems to have some anger issues”, but think about whether that overshadows EVERYTHING else you could bring to the table and whether that will play well in that role. especially when it’s getting to the point of validhunting (or whatever you want to call it) when non-deputized and toeing the line of violating ML.

short: you seem to have the “commanding” part solidified. i don’t think what i’ve seen is the conduct becoming of a senior officer and the most senior of officers.

3 Likes

+1. Isabel Lopits is a good player in terms of being actually good at the game, even when sitting in CIC. RP quality might not be as great as some good COs out there, but that will probably come with experience. You are never quite ready for the new job, but if you do get it - it will be a great experience. I put my trust in Lopits to be a good CO, at least in terms of winning.

3 Likes

Hello!

I’ll be honest and say that yes, I’ve had many rounds that gave me a headache and drove me crazy, but I would like to ask you and see if you can answer me: did I ever carry out any statements I made in dchat in-game? Everyone knows that what happens in that chat is pure salt (It doesn’t give me the greenlight to go full out on people, i am VERY aware of that). I know how to act better than I want to at the moment, even if I’m angry or totally raging. Most of these cases were while I was playing as PFC, Corpsman, Comtech, and even in these roles, I never harmed anyone. On the contrary, many times I was very disrespectful to a person who FF/killed me during the round, i can tell you that i feel guilty on those, and for that reason i will be apologetic towards the one, many friends i have in-game are due to that.

If you really believe that I will cause EORG against a person without a plausible reason, even at the end of the round or whatever action the person did, I recommend that you observe me a few more times to understand my style better.

I have already helped MPs as MST, PFC, and even in the role of Nurse. During the ASO period, I was in the area and decided to help, and yes, my tool to stun at the time would be the chair that I WOULD USE to catch the individual if I found them, and then I would call an MP to my location, just as I have done in another round with the same ASO role. (I will not deny help to a MP when something is happening around fellow command staff, even when someone is trying to breach into the CO’s bunks, how could i know it was only meant to be for Jones?)

And yes, when we evac, I will point out the things I found wrong during the operation. Anyone else is open to say the same about me, as was the case in the round before this message. I am open to criticism and will continue to be so, with or without a WL.

I hope you understand my point. I know how to differentiate actions and words from our beloved saltchat to the actual game.
I know how to differentiate the reality of certain roles compared to others. I will not act the way I do as a PFC if I am playing as an XO. This is clear and evident. You can observe and compare me at any time.

I do not recall the “Bend o-” or whatever that is?
“My character didn’t want to click the hugger” I thought my joking tone was clear enough during that round and the said action aswell.

Anyway, I appreciate the constructive criticism. I will be working on these errors already mentioned that you reinforced. That is my focus. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Well it’s about fucking time.
Relatively competent CIC and groundside leader, would be great to see more lowpop COs.

+1

2 Likes

just a few tidbits, but i appreciate the response and interest in growing:
i dont find it very hard not to be salty to the degree of threatening to kill other players in dchat. i also think if the CO WL is about not just vetting for people with good characters and game tactics but also supposed to be a quality enhancer for the community, that the matter of OOC behavior does have bearing since it reflects on the WL. and to be honest, after witnessing the chair thing, i really wasn’t sure that you wouldn’t smack people around as you promised in dchat. i dont find your behavior as a RFN versus XO to differ significantly and did just do a round as CIC the other day where you used local chat to spam some sounds a few times for no reason i could really see; i’ve seen you talk about OOC mechanical matters in command announcements as XO, and witnessed you be very derisive towards other commissioned officers as XO. which is a shame after seeing this app too, because you point out in your pardons and BEs section that you expect commissioned officers to be capable of treating others with a level of dignity and grace even when handling enlisted who are not always going to act as the most polished. i don’t doubt this is what you want, but i do struggle to see it reflected in how you act when you as XO scream at your CIC officers on an unwinnable round (on the basis of numbers) about how they’re lazy and incompetent.

as far as the comment to bend over, it was directed to ren when he was XO, but i don’t remember really the round, just that i saw that and thought it was gross. he took it in stride.

edit: i feel i was a bit brief with that and ending it abruptly doesn’t do justice that you do have a lot to offer. there’s no ill-will here, i just think you need more polish on the character part and see you being a CO, just not this very exact moment. you lead well and are strategic and your operations are very efficient and coherent as you said.

3 Likes

A very solid +1. Lopits is a competent leader able to manage various situations in the CIC, alone and working with a large team. Seen them solo the CIC as an SO more than once, XO many times, and typically delivers be it a loss or a win.

Only criticism I can give is to calm down a little when everything absolutely goes to hell and don’t let the stress get to you.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct, which is why I took the initiative to gain more control over my dchat reaction. Regarding the interactions and conversations I have during rounds in the CIC, it will largely depend on the officers and my situation in the round itself. I won’t claim that I can handle every scenario perfectly, as no one is perfect to that extent, but I assure you that I will improve in all the aspects you mentioned.

Although most of these things are months old, i hope you notice a change in the future as I continue playing, and I will do my best to handle these specific situations as effectively as my brain can at the moment.

Sorry for the delayed response; I was busy with the CO’s summer event.
Have a good night/morning/afternoon/evening!

2 Likes

Isabel, I am very happy to endorse this application after countless XO rounds which i have worked in the CIC under you. You are one of the most if not the most competent ASO I know and you have shown your command ability numerous times as XO. Roleplaying with you is always a joy and I am confident that YOU will make a great Commanding officer.

+1

3 Likes

In 1 year turned from an average lrp to a great player.
+1

3 Likes

Good Person to watch RP As a ghost great XO/SO who knows when to take command and gives logical and great orders. Recently I’ve seen them as a CE. I can’t really say much more about them other than I have great hopes in that they will be a great CO.

+1

3 Likes

Lopits is a good RPer, good mechanically, knows the rules and standards of command, and they also are very very well-known in the community.

This is a no-brainer.

+1

3 Likes