M4L4SS4S - Yautja Application

Yautja Application - M4L4SS4S

What’s your BYOND key?

M4L4SS4S

What’s your Discord ID?

molasses_

Do you have a regular character? If so - what’s their name?

Sampson ‘Ironfist’ Ponds and SQ-A7

Yautja Info:

What’s the name of your Yautja?

Uahtan

What clan are you joining?

Ktal’t

If minor: Give your clan lore.

Yautja Character Story:

A group of Marines suddenly rush up and start shooting you. How do you respond?

Depending on the circumstance of the situation I would have two ways of handling this. I will simply disengage from whatever I may have been doing, activate my cloak, and move elsewhere. Should the marines rush me when I am weakened I would use my Plasma Caster set to non-lethal and immobilize the marines allowing for a clean and effective relocation.

Another Yautja hunted and killed a target you had marked. What do you do?

I will confront my fellow Yautja as to their reasoning for killing my marked target. Were it done in self-defense I would void the issue and move on. If the other Yautja purposefully killed with the knowledge that it was my target then I would call for an Honor Duel between us.

I don’t know you too well in game but I had the opportunity to watch you for a moment. I believe you are fine RP-wise and are committed to getting known by playing SL. Furthermore your story has room for improvement but shows a good degree of creativity.

Overall you get a +1 from me. I can’t say for sure you will get accepted right now, but get your name out there more and I’m sure you will get this WL.

1 Like

Interacted with Sampson ‘Ironfist’ Ponds via command roles plenty of times and they know how to roleplay. Never seen them griefing or breaking rules +1

1 Like

I’ve seen Sampson in-game on several occasions and have never been anything but pleased with him. He roleplays well and shows an interest in learning and adapting. He has displayed a consistent competency and trustworthiness anytime I’ve seen him.

Your story was an interesting blend that I haven’t seen before, but besides the last conversation, not much dialogue was shown, so more questions regarding your predator’s personality will be given. The premise of it however was cool; a human-made abomination. I like that! It would make sense predators would hunt it, but it obviously wouldn’t be as bad as a Yautja abomination.

I do however have some questions I’d like to ask to test your knowledge, as well as the consistency of your pred’s personality.

1: Personality-wise, how does your predator choose prey? Raw strength and fury? Intellect? Cunning? Reflect.

2: How does your predator interact with other predators? Is he a showoff? More on the humble side? If the latter, does it affect his grit in any way?

3: You’re engaged in an honor duel with a human when several other humans arrive and begin blasting towards you. How does your predator react? Would your predator honor duel a human in the first place? Why, if so?

Hoping to hear from you.

2 Likes

Thank you for enjoying my story, and I do realize that I lacked some dialogue which presents how my predator would conduct himself during rounds. Furthermore I will do my best to answer your questions and alleviate concerns with my predators personality.

1: Personality-wise, how does your predator choose prey? Raw strength and fury? Intellect? Cunning? Reflect.

Observing both humans and serpents, Uahtan will observe for courage and robustness in marines. Marines who demonstrate courage in going out of their way to save injured marines on the frontline, lead successful charges against the xenos, and secure at least one xeno kill. As for serpents, a worthy serpent to hunt would be cunning and brutal. Does the serpent have the capacity for higher independent thought which sets it apart from the mass killing horde on the frontline, and is the serpent brutal in its capabilities to maim humans in combat without dying. Overall Uahtan searches for prey that will truly challenge him during hunts, but he would not permanently kill the prey, rather, he would fight until they can no longer stand on their own two feet and then return them to their own force so that Uahtan can continue fighting his prey until they prove themselves to be of such courage and robustness that he would challenge them to an honor duel after previously demonstrating the aforementioned qualities. However, the honor duel would only be an option for a marine as Uahtan does not deem the serpents to be capable of honor. OOC I wouldn’t want to hunt someone who I don’t believe would have a chance at either beating me in a fight let alone an honor duel which would just force someone out of the game and have a bad time.

2: How does your predator interact with other predators? Is he a showoff? More on the humble side? If the latter, does it affect his grit in any way?

As the Yautja are a warrior culture where it is an honor to hunt, Uahtan holds all other honorable Yautja with respect regardless of age or rank. My hunter takes to humility and does not need to show off his prowess to others, but he does take trophies from worthy prey for his own pleasure to remember and honor worthy pray. Likewise, he is also proud of the scars he takes away from every hunt. However when it comes to confrontation, Uahtan’s humility does not mean he’s meek. Greatly proud of his clan and its purpose in hunting mutants, should another hunter begin to run their mandibles my hunter will simply challenge them to spar, allowing for actions to speak louder than words. If the insulting hunter escalates post ass beating, then Uahtan will challenge them to an honor duel to settle the disrespect. Although respecting, he shall not take any level of disrespect from others.

3: You’re engaged in an honor duel with a human when several other humans arrive and begin blasting towards you. How does your predator react? Would your predator honor duel a human in the first place? Why, if so?

As I mentioned before I would honor duel a human who I deem to be worthy. If a party of humans interrupts my honor duel then I will use my plasma caster (set to nonlethal) to stun the marines. If my opponent happens to be stunned as well then I would abduct them to continue our duel at another location away from any further interference. If I am unable to abduct my prey then I will back off away from the host of humans until they loose sight of me. For the rest of the round it will be my priority to find my prey and bring and end to the honor duel, but should my prey evacuate the planet then I will seek out death and face whatever worthy opponents are left on the planet to make up for my honor duel. The Honor Code also established that aside from gear recovery that a Yautja may not go to the Almayer which would stop me from seeking out my pray after they evacuate.

I hope that my answers are up to standard, and if not then I’m all ears to what I am wrong in.

Fair response, gameplay-wise. You don’t HAVE to do that, though, you can permanently kill if the prey was competent. That is usually when you do it in my eyes.

A respectable predator. Good way to go about it. Remain respectful until they aren’t.

Entirely allowed. You could also set it to lethal, and blow them to oblivion, considering that disrupting an honor duel does in fact make that group of marines dishonorable, albeit temporarily.

Good answers overall, and I understand a bit more regarding your pred’s personality now. You seem relatively comfortable with the honor code too.

I like that you’re keeping the OOC ramifications of your actions in mind as well, and what it can do to other players to get literally griefed by a predator, especially newer players.

All in all, I’m comfortable giving you my +1. Other council members may want to ask you more questions down the line, but I’m good with you.

2 Likes

For full transparency, I recently received an EORG ban but I messaged the mod and had the ban receded. If this raises any questions with my application I am more than willing to further discuss the details regarding this.

1 Like

EORG bans generally have no bearing on whitelist applications.

2 Likes

With your expansive answers to the questions asked by Ugnip, your understanding of Honor Code and your recent time with XO, the council has voted unanimously to accept you into the whitelist.

Use /certify on discord to gain the perms!

1 Like

Added pred:approved and removed pred:waiting