joooks

Discord ID:

joooks (975836599810158673)

Character Name(s):

Johanna J. Jaakari
Mike Fire
Xeno prefix: JJJ

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

Since I started playing again I feel like there’s a big amount of unskilled low playtime players that could use help from veteran mentors, especially medics.
And I also want to better the community by teaching others.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

Best:
Combat - I know how combat works. I understand how to counter marine weapons and tricks as a xeno; I understand how to counter xenomorph castes as a marine. I understand the flow of combat and tactics due to a lot of playtime on basic squad roles. I am able to explain to people how the guns work in this space hellhole and which attachments to use when going for what build.
Medical - I am a very avid medical player. I remember all the surgeries by heart; remember the basic, important pill mixes by heart and I like to call myself a very good medic.
Cargo - I managed cargo a lot alone. I know how to prepare a proper FOB crate, how to find spare metal around the Almayer, and what marines need.
Command - Huge fan of playing SO and I feel like its my favourite role in the CIC. Played a bit as XO and liked it but never really got into it.
Despite my low-ish playtime as Squad Leader I think it’s realistically multiplied by times three due to how many times I’ve been given Acting Squad Lead.
JTAC - I like using marine fire support tools. I pretty much always grab a laser designator and JTAC comms as a marine, no matter what role. I often call in OB’s and even have some round-winning ones on my record. I know how to use the mortar, but I don’t do it often.
Good at:
Engineering: I know how to construct a proper FOB; I once even received a medal for making a good one all by myself. When I play engineer I prefer taking care of the comms relay and making small outposts. I know how to make airlocks; light fixtures and et cetera. I understand the importance of when and where you should place cades.
Okay at:
Military Law - I like to sometimes hop on as a MP. I do know Military Law and do’s and do nots of playing as MP. I should clarify that I spent half my playtime Honor Guarding CO’s rather than actually arresting people.
Xeno: I am not a big-time xeno player, although I do understand their mechanics and abilities.
Weak at:
OT, Research, CL, Mess tech - I simply never played these roles as they did absolutely not interest me, but I will at some point definetely learn research.
PO/DCC - I may have never played CAS, but I know about the upgrades that dropships need, how the dropship printer works and how to make a fire mission.

How often are to able to play CM?:

Mostly at 7 PM GMT+1 to 12PM, but there will be days where I have more time.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

CM playtime as of 19.09.2023 - Album on Imgur,

Anything else you’d like to add?:

I was a mentor on TGMC around late 2020, and I have around a thousand hours over there too when they had more similar-ish mechanics to today’s CM.

3 Likes

Joooks is a very helpful person, she’s helped numerous PVT’s out of the kindness of her heart whenever I’ve seen her on, she’d be great as a mentor.

3 Likes

+1. Jooks knows the rolls and knows how to RP.

3 Likes

jooks is an awesome person with awesomer intentions, she knows the game and keeps her cool
+1
when i get pouncecapped

3 Likes

Jooks is a quality player and community member that i’m somewhat suprised to see isnt a mentor yet. +1

2 Likes

+1 for reasons below

2 Likes

+1 Triple J knows what they are doing and understands how the game works. They are also very friendly and knows how to RP.

2 Likes

Polish :dromedary_camel: Lots of experience, if they were able to play for those 1k+ hours they must be thick-skinned enough to handle 1 or 2 PVTs. Defo +1.

1 Like

Polish B2 cosplayer. She knows what she’s doing, knows the roles and their mechanics easy +1

PS.
Still waiting for those pictures xoxo :*

4 Likes

Knowledgeable, likely to slime people +1

is a good player and good overall comprehensive knowledge of the game
is very smart and can cosplay really well
they will be a good contribution to the mentor team, even outside of that they have solid medical and engi experience alongside general gameplay stuff

+1

I do want to ask one question though. A random PVT wakes up and goes weapons hot on you, accidentally shooting you in the head once. What do you do.

1 Like

First off to get the situation sorted out I would try to use IC methods first such as yelling at him through comms(implying he only shot me once, on accident and is not planning to kill me).
I’d make use of the LOOC overhead text to make sure he knows the rules properly, ask him if he needs any help, et cetera.
If he just blows me to kingdom come and I can do nothing about it I’ll just shoot a message to the moderators/admins online to deal with him.

1 Like

+1 from me. Good all round player, good RPing, can take a joke, and stays active with game changes. I have also seen them just go ham on the other side, quite skilled.

1 Like

its 2b actually

1 Like

you’re cool and know your stuff, i don’t think i’ve had any bad interactions with you ever. i trust you to be nice and patient with the new guys (patience is something you need an abundance of)

actual great person to be around

+1

2 Likes

Accepted.

Added mentor:approved and removed mentor:waiting