Mentor Application - M4L4SS4S

Mentor Application - M4L4SS4S

Byond CKEY:

M4L4SS4S

Discord ID:

Character Name(s):

Sampson ‘Ironfist’ Ponds (previously Tarik Torgaddon)
SQ-XXX-A7

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

I want to become a mentor to help guide, teach, and help players in expanding their experiences on CM in whatever department/role they want to start and learn. When I first was introduced to CM I was taught the basics by my friends but was left to apply the basics when learning other departments and roles that were outside of being a rifleman. As a mentor, I want to be able to help players with whatever questions they have or help teach different roles within CM to the best of my ability from what I have learned and experienced at my current level with CM.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

I break apart my gameplay areas into three categories, my strengths, my average, and what I have yet to learn. For my strength, I’m more proficient with Medical, Requisitions, and Xeno gameplay. From playing Corpsman to Field Surgeon I am confident enough to teach others quick “in the field” medical and more in-depth medical such as the surgeries, differing damage types and their remedies, what differing symptoms mean, and what treatment is needed. For Requisitions, I’m comfortable teaching another how to handle the Req Line, rowdy marines, searching through the vending machines, and how to handle the ASRS lift to get supplies delivered to wherever they are needed. For Xeno Gameplay, I’m more than comfortable teaching another person the differing castes with their strains, the differing abilities for each caste, play styles for the Xenos, and how to most importantly capture marines for hive expansion. The areas that I’m average in are Construction, OT Workshops, cooking, and drinks. Of those three I have spent some time learning but haven’t delved much into fully explaining all the nuances behind the departments, I am however, confident that I could teach someone the basics for them to apply and prop themselves to to push their interest in those areas without frustration. The weaker areas that I have yet to learn and that I’m not confident in teaching are Research, Paperwork, and Engineering. Those are areas that I have yet to learn or that I have only barely started touching upon. However, I do plan on learning them to the point that I can teach them to another player.

How often are to able to play CM?:

I play CM about 2-3 rounds every other day.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

Marine: Screenshot - 74c4965647c0135386f7d28d62d9566f - Gyazo

Xeno: Screenshot - 061b5acac9c747641c84a5fb00148f38 - Gyazo,

Anything else you’d like to add?:

I haven’t further comments to add but I will be attentive to answering any questions on my application.

We’re just about at the week minimum now. There’s been some discussion on your app, but I had pretty much already made up my mind at the start. This is gonna be a denial, I’d like to see you get experience with more of the game, because while you have some decent times in some areas they mainly seemed clustered there. I want more rounded out mentors.

Added mentor:approved

Added mentor:denied and removed mentor:approved