NessiePendragon - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - NessiePendragon

What is your BYOND key?

NessiePendragon

What is your Discord ID?

nessiependragon

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Gokcen Demir

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Lindsay

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Synthetic Lindsay model was produced by Weyland-Yutani after compiling years of research on different police units, including data from experienced detectives, police officers, and even UA military police.

Designed to combat and deter problems such as crime, social unrest and investigations, the Lindsay model is capable of solving all kinds of situations to try to preserve human life. Utilizing the latest research and cutting edge psychological technique, Lindsay can negotiate, de-escalate and solve volatile situations without having to resort to physical force.

As a result of the research on common personality traits of more than a hundred detectives and police officers made by WY researchers and forensic profilers, Lindsay fits a personality profile that is mostly ironic. To help better fit in with veteran law enforcement units, she uses dry humor to lighten up the mood in what would otherwise be disheartening and hazardous situations. However, when Lindsay speaks to people in higher positions, she uses a very formal tone and has a strong adherence when it comes to procedures and rules. Moreover, because of the high tendency to drink coffee from overworked police units, Lindsay has the propensity to, and experience of, preparing coffee.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Lindsay model chooses speech patterns based on situations rather than people, but this does not mean that the people Lindsay talks to do not matter. Lindsay, like any cops’ or detectives’ common personality traits, communicates with those above her very formally and for informational purposes only, with some exceptions being at the end of an operation or when the Battalion is not in combat. However, as the rank decreases, Lindsay does not hesitate to use more humorous language.

For her interests, I can say as part of efforts to have Lindsay integrate well into law enforcement fields, she is very knowledgeable about coffee, and has been programmed to maintain an everlasting curiosity about coffee. You can talk endlessly with her about coffee’s cultivation, brewing and what can be done with it. In addition to her interest in coffee, in the thousands of felony cases that have already been resolved, the decisions made by the judges and the way they make those decisions have been added to the Lindsay model for consultation in criminal cases.

“The laws of Earth stretch beyond the Sol, and Lindsay is the strongest and most reliable enforcer of the laws of the Earth beyond the Sol.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

Actually, when I first met CM, I played support roles for a long time, because it was a great pleasure for me to help other players and get them back into the game as quickly as possible. Since I’ve been playing command roles, I’ve rarely been playing support roles. Therefore, I’ve been trying to adapt myself to the current changes in support roles for a while and now, as I’m thinking that I’m a pretty competent support player, I want to experience the very different roleplaying experience that Synthetic whitelist brings and relive the support experience I had when I first started CM.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

Actually, I have not one, but two unforgettable memories with Synthetics. One, I was playing medic with Katie in a LV round that lasted close to 4 hours or maybe more. I was very new to CM at the time, I think I had around 50hrs Marine playtimes. Since I didn’t know the map exactly, I followed Katie wherever she went, and since there were almost no Medics around, Katie and I were constantly stopping at certain points and treating the Marines. I think this was also the first time I saw a Synthetic. After the round ended, I went to the wiki and read stuff about Synthetics for hours.

Second was with Malcolm. In a Varadero round in which I played CO, we were together with Malcolm from the pre-deployment to the end of the round and we got a memorable Marine Major! Normally, roleplaying while commanding the operation in the field could be almost impossible. However, thanks to the harmony I had with Malcolm, I was able to both lead the operation and have a roleplay opportunity, it was a fun experience. In fact, I’m actually almost a plat CO, and that round is still the most memorable CO round for me. I owe this memory to Malcolm.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

Very familiar! I can do almost all engineering stuff by heart; APC repairing, deconstructing, building walls and stuff. There were many times that I went down to the grounside and built the FOB as an MT when I didn’t want to do combat, because MT’s skills are higher than ComTech’s, building is much easier. In addition, I know how to repair and activate the comms as quickly as possible by playing as Alpha and Charlie ComTech many times.

Command:

I’m a CO whitelist holder and I play command roles mainly. I can confidently use all of the OW functions, maintain and reload OB systems, while knowing more detailed operations like setting red alert, ERT or maint locks. Overall I can say that I’m very competent in the command field.

Medical:

I’m pretty good at medical! This was the first role I took on and learnt when starting CM, it has been at the core of my gameplay since. I can confidently do all surgeries required and substitute them with ghetto surgeries. Making medicine from chemicals is no problem at all.

Requisitions:

It may be my least-played field, but when I was playing SO, I was assigned to handle the Requisitions many times. I know what to send to FOB, how to handle Req line and most importantly, I can do all of them alone.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Synthetic Lindsay makes it a priority to protect the command staff in the case of a mutiny, and then follows the legal orders given to her and tries to peacefully subdue Marines who want mutiny as per her programming. If all attempts of de-escalation failed, she would resort to attempting to subdue the perpetrators, or maintain neutrality if her involvement would cause further harm.

If I saw a Private who is alone on groundside being attacked by a Warrior, I would attack the Warrior until it moves away and then I would drag that Private to a safer place. I wouldn’t chase it afterwards.

I’m walking with a small team of Marines when scouting the colony and suddenly a hostile CLF survivor attacks us from the shadows. I disarm the CLF and stun them if able, if not I can neutralize them with a few punches. Then I’ll hand them over and tend to any wounded Marines we might have.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

n/a

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read my application and story!

2 Likes

+1
i like the story, i think you’re competent and fun to be around
you also roleplay
the answers are good

1 Like

I’ve interacted with Gokcen Demir multiple times in command and can say they know how to RP. Have also seen them play squad engineer and they knew what they were doing. NessiePendragon is also a moderator and CO whitelist holder who clearly has a good grasp of IC and OOC rules. +1

2 Likes

Don’t read backstories cuz I’m not a nerd, but they roleplay well and they’ve demonstrated they can be trusted with authority/ special roles. +1

1 Like

Well written story
Saw them at CIC many times doing some good RP
They have the skills to be a Synth
Can’t say anything but +1

2 Likes

+1 Nessie is always a pleasure to interact with both IC and OOC.

1 Like

I can fully vouch for their positive behaviour and roleplaying capabilities shown in various roles such as command and medical, good luck. +1

2 Likes

A great RPer, I’ve never had a bad interaction with them. Easy +1

2 Likes

Gokcen is very competent in all the roles I’ve seen her play, and it’s always good to RP with her.

+1

2 Likes

I didn’t play much with Gocken but all the rounds I did play were pleasant with you, good RP, good gamesense.

+1, good luck with the whitelist!

3 Likes

+1 for being the dedicated marine uav (banning Lrp shitters)

Cool dude, can rp, knows how to be a normal person

2 Likes

+1

Good RP, and good CO in general. Good luck with being a metal persons. Should be fun.

3 Likes

Easy vouch, great RPer and the story is also pretty decent. +1

1 Like

I dont rhibk i need to explain why its a +1

2 Likes

mrow +1 cool RP Gokcen is Robust AF and cool also mroaw

2 Likes

+1, Very robust player and super knowledgeable from what I’ve seen

2 Likes

Outstanding player, outstanding story

Excels in all roles I see her play, while still somehow making time for some based RP

+1, if it didn’t go without saying

2 Likes

Yeah he knows his shit both IC and OOC, exactly what you’d want to see for synthetics.

2 Likes

whipping out my unused synth wl to say that nessie is a fixture of the CO community, one of the most active members of staff, and is all around fun to interact with both in-game and outside of it

she knows her stuff, her app is good - hope to see lindsay guzzling coffee on the almayer soon (i will probably make some quip about the fact it’s not spelt ‘lindsey’)

+1

2 Likes

No, I don’t think she deserves it

+1

2 Likes