Ugnip55 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Ugnip55

What is your BYOND key?

Ugnip55

What is your Discord ID?

Ugnip55

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Joe Dafoe

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

CO. Accepted. Accepted Ugnip55 - Commanding Officer Application

Predator. Accepted. Accepted Ugnip55 - Yautja Application

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Finn

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Finn is what one could call a “history buff”. He is designed to be able to talk about and be perceived to enjoy talking about all sorts of historical elements, including but not limited to actual earth history dating back to the stone ages, manufactured “CM history” and similar.

I believe being able to connect any sort of topic at hand to history can be interesting, as it can be applied in a lot of different manners. I give a few examples in my story, but you could truly put Finn in any situation and the quirk will still be usable considering its applicability.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Finn generally holds a formal tone with higher ranking personnel, referring to them by their rank and last name or just the rank unless specified that he can do otherwise, E.G “Captain Haar”. When it comes to lower ranking individuals, a more informal tone can be taken depending on the situation. He may still refer to you by your rank and last name, just the last name or possibly your first name depending on how well Finn and the individual are acquainted and as mentioned the situation at hand.

Finn’s interests are pretty clear cut. Any chance he’ll get to talk about history, he will. He will bring it up consistently in conversation and will seem overjoyed whenever given the opportunity to “regale” others on historical concepts. He enjoys making comparisons between situations, and as an example will replace praising words like “good” or “amazing” with a historical equivalent. An example could be, instead of saying: “He fought very well!”, he may say “He fought like Tzilacatzin himself!”

“A gold mine, stories told in every line: Finn!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

The reason I want to be a synthetic is primarily because of the RP potential one has as one. I believe my synthetic would be fun to RP with and play as. I also enjoy the support aspects of it and like playing those sorts of roles.

As for why, I’d say I am trustworthy with a whitelist of this caliber. I have the CO whitelist and the predator whitelist from before, being council for the latter. I understand how a synthetic is supposed to act both from an IC and an OOC perspective and have quite a bit of experience with the server as a whole. I think I could add good value to the whitelist.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

There are quite a few, and the fact that so many have piled up over recent times is part of the reason why I got around to applying. I’ll list a few.

I regularly think of the interactions I’ve had as predator with synthetics. Talking to synthetics as predator is quite entertaining for both parties I’d say, especially the part of watching the synthetic learn the language slowly. One of the better ones I’ve seen on that aspect recently would be Lindsay, who RPed well with me for a rather long time, learning more about predator culture as well as their language. They intentionally misspelt words in predspeak and proved to be very interesting to talk to.

As a marine/survivor, my current favorite trend towards Liliya. How Liliya has a very vague ego in the background that you can’t really tell is present unless you look a bit harder into their tone is very well done.

As for specifying my most memorable interaction with Liliya. This was when I was playing doctor, and was also when I first interacted with their synth. I RPed having faked my medical license (silly), and learning how to do surgery and treat people through my time on a not so upstanding ship. Seeing how they interacted with me in parts interest and disbelief was fun.

I could probably go on for a while, as I’ve had quite a few interactions with various other synthetics that have intrigued me as well, but I’ll leave it at those two.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I am quite familiar with engineering. I know how to make FOBs and know how they’re supposed to look from an outside perspective due to my experience in command. I know how to set up comms, dismantle and make APCs and pretty much anything else engineering related you may encounter during an operation.

Command:

Very. It’s one of my most played roles. I know exactly how all aspects of it function inside and out, both from a groundside and shipside perspective. Consistent communication, leadership and supply is something I’d say I know a fair bit about.

Medical:

I know all relevant major surgeries by heart, know how to rapidly and accurately treat marines and know how to most basic chem mixes off the top of my head. Medical is definitely my favorite of the support roles

Requisitions:

I know how to man the line efficiently, pack up supply drops and maintain a good budget. I know how it works very well. It does occasionally occur as lowpop CO where I have to both man the req line and prepare the first supply drops, and I do this with very little issue.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Generally speaking, a synthetic should not be actively engaging in combat. Self defense and defense of others (if no one else can defend them) are generally the main cases where you can perform combat.

An example could be when you’re treating a marine with no or very few marines nearby in the backline, and a xeno engages you. You may engage it until it disengages or is disabled to protect the marine, but may be advised to consider moving the treatment somewhere safer.

Another example during Delta. During hijack, the combat restrictions are lessened and you may engage hostiles even if there are those that are capable of dealing with those hostiles nearby, presuming it doesn’t take priority over support duties such as engineering or healing injured/dead marines.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Thank you for everyone who gave feedback on my story. I can think of nothing more.

11 Likes

+1 this guy is a beast

5 Likes

I have 0 idea if any of this passes the standards of the WL, but I will vouch for his RP and situational awareness (also I liked the story RIP Finn). I’ve done various quality OPs with this man, as well as nearly barf from smelling his arm suffering necrosis.

+1

4 Likes

cute app, finn sounds like an interesting character that would add to RP, and ugnip is a good player OOC, +1

6 Likes

Only good interactions with this guy, great person both OOCly and IC +1

5 Likes

Top 5 COs, great to rp with and just talk to OOC +1

4 Likes

Interacted with Joe Dafoe while playing command plenty of times and they always had great roleplay. I can attest to their understanding and skill of handling requisitions and command. Long standing whitelisted CO and trusted as a Yautja council member who clearly understands both IC and OOC roleplay/server rules. +1

2 Likes

Hello

While the duration of your application is live, I’d advise you to play support roles. I understand they can be boring but do your best and show us you can put those words into action.

2 Likes

thawing out my forum account to say that despite some rumor mill surrounding Ugnip55, he’s more than qualified for the role, and can definitely behave as it, since some may suggest otherwise
he’s been preparing since January and actively reaching out to me for mechanical tips, and for help with his app and his synthetic character
his synth would be awesome to RP with. frankly quite jealous I didn’t get an idea like that

+1 get this man on the whitelist ASAP

3 Likes

Bros gunning for that whitelist coordinator like Thanos collecting all the stones.

Obvious +1 from me

2 Likes

leaving my +1,

as for “support,” i’ve played a good chunk of survivor with the player and they are well-versed in engineering and medical in those types of high-action scenarios. definitely not a question of competence, but yeah playing proper roles such as combat tech/corpsman/surgeon, etc makes it easier to observe

and the character and story seems like a fun gimmick

2 Likes

+1, good Yautja Councilor and CO who is engaging both in WL roles and outside of WL roles, especially when playing Survivor.

2 Likes

Finally, the first PFC+ type synthetic, can’t wait for Finn to solo clear the entire hive with the telescopic baton :smiling_imp:

In all seriousness, Ugnip55 has shown their competence and RP ability many times in the rounds I’ve seen from CO to survivor (and I mean, a fucking TON of survivor RP). The fact they hold 2 WLs just goes to show they can be trusted to become a well-respected and sexy addition to the list of synthetics.
I can’t wait to be monologued to about the history of amputations from the middle ages to the second world war while Prime Lurker XX-69 gnaws yet another foot off mid surgery.

+1

2 Likes

Ugnip55 is easy +1.
Great CO, who even in the midst of battle find the time to RP.
Great Survivor and as BasilHerb said i have seen him too playing a “fucking TON” of survivor rounds, medical,Engineering and RP skill are not lacking for sure.
Great person to chat in and out of the game. Good luck Ugnip55!!!

2 Likes

+1 player is very well known for their competence and roleplay
the story is simple and well formatted
player treats themselves professionally both as pred and co

2 Likes

I can vouch for this player’s roleplaying abilities! It would be fun to see you roleplaying as Finn, best of luck!

+1

2 Likes

+1 for being an upstanding member of the community as well as being a good player & role player in general.

2 Likes

I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with Ugnip55 while playing Survivor. They demonstrate an interest in fostering interesting character interactions while also being competent in medical and engineering. +1

2 Likes

+1 This guy is a beast and I love interacting with him in-game (as CO, marine) and out of game (he critically acclaimed MMORPG Space Beast Terror Fright, with an expanded campaign which you can play through the entirety of A Week and the award-winning Custom Maps up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime).

It would be nice seeing this guy as a synthetic and maybe we could get some of our CM history questions answered in-game!!!

2 Likes

For reasons I can not disclose here I am now +1ing his app, this guy is great!

8 Likes