What is your Discord username?

warfan

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Warris ‘Haig’ Fernsby

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

GMT/BST

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

14-20 hours (if I recall roughly)

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

I was staff

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

no

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

yes

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

Because in life nothing is better than to have fun whilst ensuring the fun of others.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

In the past few months I have become more level-headed (at least I think so) and that was the greatest quality of staff that I lacked.

In simpler terms I also think myself completely accquainted with most of the systems of CM
I think I have the ability to run fun events (if what people say about me is true)
I think that I have a full understanding of the aliens universe (at least when I had a copy of the Aliens RPG Operations Manual, I seemed to have lost it.)

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

Tenacity and sincerity, both in equal measure.

Tenacity is what allowed me to last this long, and still continue.

Sincerity is what allowed me to try to make amends, and what may in the future allow me to befriend old adversaries.

Anything else you want to add?

This application luckily enough constrains me to simple snippets, I think we have all had enough of my rambling.

14 Likes

I do have a question: Will you leave again in a case of playerbase fun vs regulations?

No, I’ll be honest that dillemna was blown out of all proportion by me and not something people should be leaving over. I picked a hill to die on with that one, while I do still think player fun should be at the head it is also true regulations play an important role in that.

Didn’t you burn all bridges with Staff because you couldn’t make amends with that one event incident? No offense but, seems off to me from an outsider perspective, is all.

1 Like

I’ll be quite clear on my position, I don’t know you as a person, so I can only judge this application based on its content and what I’ve seen of you on the forums & discord.

I have to admit I was quite surprised to see this application. I don’t really know much about you but you were already staff when I joined CM and having made it to Admin before clearly you are a competent moderator.

But, and it’s a big but from me, from what I’ve seen of you all I really know is that you decided to stir up drama, leak DMs and display an incredibly poor attitude over a simple rule.

Now I’m sure that the above doesn’t define you, I’m confident you’d once again make a good moderator. But my issue as someone who hasn’t been around all that long is that my lasting impression of you is quite frankly negative. I think a lot more time needs to pass before I’d consider upvoting this. -1

1 Like

Of course I didn’t try and make amends then! Yeah, but mulling it over it was an awful thing and I should have tried to make amends, and nowadays thats what I’ve been trying to do with the people I’ve wronged.

I hope you can find it within your mind, as I hope can others, to make distinct the person I was then, and the person I am trying to be now. Of course stiring up drama, leaking DMs, and me choosing to fight over a silly little rules interpretation matter was dumb of me. But now, I don’t want that to ever do that again, and I just want to run some events, and volunteer my time to help solve problems with a silly spessgame, if I can do both of those things I hope we all can look back on what a dumb and arrogant person I used to be.

I shall never be a perfect person, a perfectly magnanimous and cool-headed person, but everyday I hope it is detectable that I’m making a better and better attempt at being so.

Giving the benefits of the doubt, +1 this and good luck proving yourself to others.

I do see hope in him, the fact that he managed to rise to position of admin is pretty good and shows the dedications. His position was only removed due to him wanting to leave people with a happy feeling. I do believe the situation could have been done better but it’s a +1 from me

We just want the HVH events back. +1 unless there is a secret “event organizer” role

4 Likes

Dear god please accept this HvH events haven’t been the same since you left +1

5 Likes

While i might be a bit biased towards his event days, i just can’t say I have had a bad interaction with him in any sort of way. +1

2 Likes

Alright, my two cents on this situation is that when the whole debacle surrounding the context of you leaving was happening, we had some other things that were very high-stakes happening. Without getting into those details, I feel like emotions were high for a lot of people, not just you. To just say it plainly, this was around the time where Morrow had exited our team as well.

I understand that, using this particular moment in time as a frame of judgement, is not indicative of who you really are and how you feel about this project. I know for a fact you have a crazy love for this project, you’ve put a lot of time and effort into it, and you genuinely and sincerely care about the community. I actually know you a little bit more than some others since we’ve worked on other projects together, and as far as I can tell, you leaving the community was an anomaly and a sign of the times, not something that should be normal. You belong here, you’re part of the culture, and the situation you were involved in that caused you to leave had a lot of moving parts. We all could’ve benefited from not moving so fast, taking our time to really listen to each other and finding compromises.

In my opinion we need to make sure the other staff members who are still sour from this speak up and get their concerns addressed. I am happy to have Warfan back on the team, but I want to make sure others understand there is a renewed expectation and that we are all on the same page moving forward. I will give my +1 and all I ask is for you to reply and speak to those who may be uncertain to assure them that they will not regret doing the same.

+1

warfan was a good moderator during the rare chance we staffed together so i trust him, i dont care about the drama around CM moment #231412, it would be nice having him back on so we could have more fun events and extra help for moderating and stuff

Like a lot of others among the common playerbase, I know most of what I know of Warfan from the events. However, in my opinion, I think that he’s worth forgiving for the situation from all the work he’s done. +1

please withdraw, I’m not going to continue on with this community.

11 Likes

Added mod:denied and removed mod:waiting

Withdrawn at the poster’s request.